Lead Advisor Urban Mobility, NZTA
Claire Pascoe – Lead Advisor Urban Mobility – NZTA
What you are working on and what your strongest driver is that pertains to the panel topic?
- Capability building programme across the transport sector for planning, investing and delivering ‘multi-modal’ transport systems.
- National ‘transition experiments’ working group, to help us try new things
- Research on how to classify, measure and value the place function of roads, streets and surrounding land use
- Aligning road safety and access, so we can all be working towards accessible safe cities.
- Developing new measurement frameworks to shift from a focus on ‘efficiency’ to a focus on ‘accessibility’
- Supporting a project to evolve the ONRC in urban areas
What are the pain points that relate to this panel topic?
- Innovating ‘processes’ in the transport sector
- Building social license for road space reallocation (eg. Carpark removal)
- Integrating with land use planning and urban design to support ‘systems thinking’
- Assessing ‘value’ in ‘value for money’ discussions